The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8536

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

I don’t know about you but everyday I come across obstacles that seem to exist for the sole purpose of annoying all hell outta me. Sometimes I just wish I could pull what I need out of thin air and get on with my life - but we all know that, sadly, it simply doesn’t work like that.

Except in your very own imagination. Which, incidentally, may be manifested here. This is your own application of imagination.

So, I dare you to make yourself a character, and write all that you dream. No rules (except the usual forum ones) and god mode is required.

Enjoy.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3223

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

So if god mode is enabled does it mean I can play as myself?

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Yes Dante you may play as yourself - you can play whoever or whatever you want :)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

For those who might want to join in the future (at any time) and don’t know the standard character sheet format:

Name:
Age (optional):
Appearance (Pictures welcome):
Power/Ability (optional):
Bio (optional):

There’s very little structure here to be honest, so you may create your own storyline and hopefully can meet up and play with other characters. However, if there’s a lack of players by the end of the month (March 2017) then I’ll throw in a few npc’s to keep you company.

Be nice, and play well.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Name: “Valence”

Appearance: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VDQYN

Power/Ability: Dimension door

Bio: Named Valence long ago due to her uncanny existence as a medium between our world and all others. A walking wormhole, if you will. Her memory extends through the years to the dawn of mankind, though is extremely patchy the further back the thinks. She spends her days more-or-less wandering the world aimlessly, rarely staying in lives long – opting instead to simply be remembered.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Name: Rei

Surname: Son

Appearance: http://www.anime-planet.com/images/characters/yuichiro-hyakuya-65588.jpg?t=1429395049

Species: Human (mostly)

Abilities: Peak human strength, speed and agility. Ability to grow stronger after being reduced to near death situations, basic ki manipulation.

Bio: Rei has been on the run for over ten years. When he was six, two mysterious figures killed his mother and father calling them “impure”. Ever since then he has ran from town to town. During all these years of desperation, wishing to have enough to power to kill the fiends that murdered his family he learnt how to manipulate the energy within although he is still far from being able to fight his nightmares…

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Greetings readers and admirers. I’m going to start the rpg now but if you want to join in then please don’t shy from the effort of PMming me so we can integrate your story. This is a bloody ghost town, so please, seriously, post on something. Let’s not get bored.)

Part 1

“Do you have any idea where this could lead? A catastrophe, Val! You’ve started something, and it’s not just going to end in sunshine and rainbows, understand me? What the hell am I supposed to do!?”

Valence stared at the raging man over the edge of her book, his wild brown hair and threadbare tweed jacket only contributing to his signature nutty professor personality. “I think you may be overreacting, Al.”

“Overreacting? Overreacting? There is no such thing when it comes to stories, Val.” He turned his half-crazed eyes to her. “Did Shakespeare overreact when he wrote the vicious tragedy of Romeo and Juliet? Did he overreact about their families’ feud? I don’t bloody think so!

She stole a glance down toward the faded old pages clinging to the leather cover of the diary book in her hands, and knew with some regret that she wouldn’t be allowed to finish it before Albert finished his own ‘work of art’.
“Well Al,” she sighed, “I really do have to go. I’ve something special planned with… um. I don’t know.”
Valence frowned and picked up her jacket - fluffy pink, and it fit her like a glove. “Someone. I’ll visit another time.”

“You’re my bloody reference! How am I supposed to-”

She knew to shut the door before he could get any further.

Now. Who did she have an appointment with? Someone important, that much was evident. It wouldn’t occur to her otherwise - just a perk of having been alive for a few eons.

Making her way down the hall, down the stairs, out the lobby and onto the street, Valence knew something was about to happen. Something big. Something soon.

Relatively anyway.

Sure enough, far off beyond the deepest horizon, rested a world…

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Nightime. Rei was running as fast as he could in a narrow street. He could feel it, the cold ominous presence of his parents’ murderers closer and closer. In front of him, a stray dog blocked the way. It was visibly consumed by sickness and hunger as it looked more like a skeleton covered by a thin layer of skin.
Without thinking, Rei ignored the dog and ran past it. He hadn’t moved more than a couple of steps that he heard a strange sound and a high pitched welp. Running even faster, he found himself in a dead end. The boy looked around frantically trying to find a way to escape but he was trapped.
He turned around and looked at the shadows making their way ready to devour him. He built up as much energy as he could in his hands ready to unleash it all upon the monsters behind him.

With a gasp Rei woke up from his nightmare.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

It was a faint tugging at the very edges of her conciousness, like a half-forgotten dream from centuries ago. Valence would never have even so much as noticed it if it weren’t for her searching for it in the first place. A signal in between radio stations almost; undeniably present but not quite strong enough to be heard.
She must be getting old.

Scowling, she stuffed the fluffy hat down over her bubblegum-pink hair and jammed her hands into equally fluffy mittens. She’d lived through snowstorms and the migration of continents from sweltering latitudes to bone-numbing cold. Even so, snow always annoyed her. What was its purpose? It had none, seemingly designed solely to drive up mitten sales.

Cramming those thoughts to the back of her mind, Valence made her way across the street and down the over-familiar road to the subway entrance. She needed a change of scenery, and desperately at that. It’d been a painfully long time since she’d last had an adventure, and the people of Earth had no sense of fun at all. In fact, Valence was entirely sure they’d at some point found the embodiment of fun and stabbed it. Shot it maybe; they seemed all about guns nowadays.

“But enough of that,” she muttered to herself as she moved otherwise silently through the cavernous tunnels. “Work to do.”

And with the faint popping sound of air filling a vacuum, Valence was gone.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Rei looked around and saw many people walking around, taking trains that would lead them to their successive moments of life. He had found shelter in a subway station earlier this morning after he had hopped on a train from another section of the city. He had no idea of where he was, his reading was quite poor as he had stopped going to school at six. Luckily for him though, he had picked up the language by hearing people talk. After all hiding in the mass was a lot easier than hiding out in the open.
He was extremely skinny, he had last eaten the remnants of a McDonald’s burger two days ago. His stomach was growling terribly but at least he wasn’t thirsty as he managed to get his hands on a brand new bottle of water left, perhaps accidentally on the steps that lead outside.
He had learned how to survive shortly after his parents were killed, when he found a group of homeless people that took him with them. Briefly he thought he had found a new family…but then, those men each wearing a peculiar device on one eye, found him and killed them all as he escaped yet again.
He could see the sun setting, it had been years since he last slept at night, opting instead to sleep during the day when it was crowded and run during the night. Ever since he had noticed that it was a lot easier to move during the night, the amount of chases had drastically reduced.
Grabbing his small blue backpack, he stood up, carefully jumped over the barricades blocking the train area and waited for a train to arrive.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

She hit the ground running - or, rather, rolling. She hadn’t gone far, but just far enough. It had been a long while since she’d visited, and the staircase which she now tumbled down rather ungraciously was new. Relatively new. With little to no coordination, Valence sprawled to a halt in a break between twisting stairwells. She groaned at the throbbing pain in her right arm - where she seemingly had a concrete-magnet - and laboriously struggled to her feet. She bruised like a peach.

“Um, excuse me?”

Valence raised her eyes to the rather shocked looking woman frozen in place in front of her. “Yes?”

“Who are you, Miss, and how did you get in here?” The words seemed almost automated.

“You definitely won’t recognise me but I assure you I have a pass.” Valence offered a shaky smile. “Not on me at the moment, I’m afraid, so I’ll be going now.”
And with that she hobbled down the remainder of the stairs and straight through the office doors of Quintin Hedge. The secretary didn’t bother to follow.

“Well well, if it isn’t miss Bubblegum herself.”

Hedge was a large man in his younger days, the width of his shoulders straining against the neat seams of his pressed suit. Valence remembered him back then: Young, dumb and full of… Zeal, let’s say. Nowadays he rested comfortably in his high-ranked office, for all the world the stereotypical gruff old officer. Steel-grey buzz cut and cleanly shaven, shrunken into himself with an expression of perpetual disgust. But to those who knew him well, to those few such as Valence, he was a granddad.

“Look who decided to show up huh.”

She frowned and shooed a young man from the single seat huddled in front of Hedge’s desk. Sitting down and shifting to mold the leather to her frame, she scowled at the young man until he cast an uncertain glance toward Quintin and left.
“I gather something’s happened.”

“Damn right.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

The train stopped, it had reached its final destination and the subway was going to close soon.
Rei sighed, perhaps fifteen stops were enough to guarantee him some tranquility. He exited the now empty train and looked at a large clock that indicated it was nearly midnight. That explained why the subway was closing down.
Quickly he scanned the area looking for a place to hide while the guards would close the gates. He opted to hide under stairs of the emergency sidewalk inside the tunnel he had just came from. Hopefully nobody would find him but he was pretty confident in his hiding techniques learnt during his life on the run.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Care to elaborate?”

Hedge grunted and leaned forward to rest his elbows on the desk. “It’s quite simple. Something’s moved in Challenger Deep.”

“Your point being, Sir?” Valence raised an eyebrow and flicked a finger at the little British flag rising all too proudly from the desktop. “It’s the deepest part of the ocean, a part you still haven’t gotten round to exploring. Does it really surprise you that some gargantuan monster thing lives down there?”

He was silent for a second before replying. “A what?”

“Nevermind,” she smiled serenely. “What were you going to say?”

A second grunt greeted her from his throat. “I’d like to hear more about this ‘gargantuan monster’ later, but in the meantime… We’ve called this thing Kronos.”

“What, you couldn’t have come up with something better than the titan king?”

“That’s besides the point. It’s huge, taking up the entire trench floor. It moved.”

Valence couldn’t resist the giggle that rose from her. “So what? A little rock movement on the ocean floor. Makes sense, all things considered.”

“I wish it were a little rock movement,” he snapped irritably. “But it’s not - you’re not listening to me. The thing is alive. It had a heartbeat. A very very slow one: a beat every fifteen minutes. It’s amazing we never noticed it before.”

“So why name our beastie Kronos?”

“Well,” he murmured as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “As you know, Kronos was thrown into Tarturus - the deepest part of the underworld…. I thought it was, uh, fitting.”

Her smile drooped at that. “I see. So what exactly do you want me to do about it? I teleport, as you say, so there’s not very much boom-pow I can inflict. Especially not down there. Anyway, not like it’s a threat. He’s a sleeping baby.”

“You knew about this?” His eyes bugged as he took her in. She seemed fairly innocent, having the perpetual appearance of a fifteen year old pink-haired girl. “You knew about a country-sized monster living in our oceans and you never thought it worth mentioning?”

“Whatever, Quintin. My point is, I can’t do anything about it.”

“Maybe not you, but you’re the only one that I know of that can maybe find someone who can.”

Her eyes fell to her lap.

“You can go exploring different worlds, Valence. Find someone who can kill this thing before it gets to the surface. Because I got a report that just this morning, it was beginning to angle itself up. I don’t know what this is, but I’m sure you remember it.”

She did, alright. Kronos was a rather fitting name indeed…

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Hours had passed and Rei had accidentally fell asleep under the stairs where he had previously hid. The station’s lights were still on although extremely dim. He looked to his left and saw the tunnel consumed by darkness. Not even the faintest sound could be heard and Rei felt a calmness he hadn’t felt in years. Somehow he knew that nothing would happen to him there in the shadows so he closed his eyes again waiting for sleep to arrive.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Though Valence was older than mankind itself, she did need a little reminder on ancient history when memory failed her. In times like those, like these, a library was always useful. And that was exactly where she ended up.

It was old and dusty, and nobody ever visited. It was amazing that it could still afford to be open every single day of the week, let alone the janitor. Be that as it may, Valence had been spotted appearing rather suddenly between shelves once - but a quick session with Puff the magic dragon had made the poor secretary’s story sublimely unreliable.

Standing in the mythology section, it was ridiculous to see how modern man had interpreted the stories passed down from generation to generation. Athena transforming Arachne into a spider? Valence snorted at the thought. Of course, she hadn’t been around for every major event in history; a girl had to have a holiday after all. But that didn’t make half these stories true.

Flicking through the pages of the very heavy volume, Valence eventually stumbled upon the exact thing she was looking for. The complete history of the titans - or as close as the modern imagination could come to. True or not, it would jog her memory.
Jailed in Tarturus, or otherwise a cave… A cave. Hardly a cave. The deepest, darkest, nastiest part of the underworld - aka, the ocean - sounded much more familiar.

Ah yes. Now she remembered.

Scowling at the nagging in the back of her mind, she irritably cast herself out and followed the feeling. Through time and space, into a whole new and unexplored universe. A child.

“Huh.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

It was around 3am when Rei heard an explosion that shook the whole station. All those years he had spent with the fear of being chased made his sleep very easy to be interrupted. With a jump he got on his feet and looked around. Right on top of the stairs was an emergency door normally used to evacuate passengers in the tunnel in case the trains stopped. He ran to it and sure enough it was open, a faint light guided him to an iron staircase on which he ran on as fast as he could. Another door lay ahead of him and he pushed it open, running in the worst possible area: In the open.
Quickly, he took the first narrow street to the left and ran without looking back. A fatal mistake, for if he had looked around more carefully he would’ve noticed he was running in a dead end. Just like in his nightmare.
A high pitched whistling sound echoed through the dark narrow street and two figures closed the only escape way he had.
“Rei Son. Today you finally join your parents” said a deep voice as both figures stretched out their arms in his direction. A golden orb of energy formed in each hand and Rei knew his life was over.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper