Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2715

Joined 2013-03-17

PM

It has been so long.

I was twelve when I first joined the DS messageboards, newly introduced to the Darren Shan saga by my English teacher. I wouldn’t have thought it would have opened as many doors as it has.

Looking back at my profile, I was a fully fledged weeb who overused XD and :3 and had the tendency to use too many commas in my sentences.

I remember the hotly controversial debates held here, the push to try and get an anime series made out of the manga, the *SPOILER* tags, the shanville monthly; its giveaways, the red and black fonts of the boards and the RPGs. oh the RPGs.
The agonisingly long, detailed descriptions of the characters, plots and wonderful settings which we put ourselves into.
The messiness of the boards and never being able to find your last post and have to click ‘next’ ‘previous’ over and over again.

I was introduced to Deviantart on here, which got me drawing, creating, producing and improving ! It lead me to read more, and to get my work out there !
I began to use the ideas from here as a springboard, an inspiration to my stories and artwork.

I’m sixteen now.
And it’s saddening to come back to this. Emptiness. Spam destroying the messagesboards. But we’ve all grown up a little bit now and moved on.

Snow. Dante. Our Bleeding Shadow. Vampire1864. Sins of Blood. Klashta. Lartenfangirl(XD). Stardust. Tenebra. Cheshire Cat. Dark Demon Dolls. Admins. Mods. Shan himself.

Everyone.

Thank You. It was an absolute f*cking blast, I hold so many memories dear to the Darren Shan saga.
:,)

there is so much nostalgia sweeping through. And I’m sorry for this cringe, soppy fest but I thought it was needed as we enter 2017.

Merry Christmas ~ all the best for the new year

Shadow Hunter x

(Ellie <- I used an alias (Olivia) because stranger-danger and all that shit you were told of when you were 12)

Signature

\\\“You sure say some funny things. Solitude? Does that only apply to me? Who isn\\\‘t alone in this society? The time when our connection to others was the basis of our selves is long gone. In this world where everyone is watched over by the system and live within the system\\\‘s standards, a community isn\\\‘t necessary. Everyone just lives in their own cell, and the system tames them by giving them each their own personal serenity.\\\’\\\”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3237

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Yo! I’m honestly quite touched, I’m sorry I’ve only just read this post. How’ve you been? Shade and I are trying to start a new rpg to try stir things up a little around here, we’d be more than happy if you were to join and also to catch up a little bit. Whats it been, over 3 years? Geez I was like 14 when I joined here, now I’m 20 I’m feeling old. Hopefully you get the notification,
Simone aka Dante. (because why not for years everyone thought my name was Dante. Sad really I would’ve thought more people would’ve been around for my epic name reveal).

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 163

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

It’s been three years for me, as I am a late bloomer. I am working on my fan fiction, and I discovered that Evanna is a werewolf. It has filled several journals, and when it is done, I will post it here.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Hey there Olivia, long time no see! I guess that’s my fault, since I’m only getting to your post now. It’s been a busy life this last… Year, I guess. But that’s no excuse. I think we all need to buck up and check in once in a while; some very good friends were made here, and lots of fun had. Hell, I was even grounded once because of my addiction to the rpg section, and I know I wasn’t alone, but nowadays it is, to quote everyone so far, “a ghost town”.
I do have those sad moments too when I scroll through the old threads and see what we used to be, but that’s a little far gone by now. The most we can do is live with it and try keep in contact with the friends we made here. Start a few rpgs and see who turns out.

Have a good year everyone x

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2010-05-05

PM

This made me curious so I went back and had a look - I joined the original site in 2007, so that makes it 10 years a Shanster this year…

Signature

- AKA Demonate.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2230

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

16 years for me… 7 of those as a Moderator..

(I’m getting old)...

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 163

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

I’ve been here for two years.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 479

Joined 2012-01-01

PM

Wow….
It’s like it was yesterday I joint here 5 years ago.
Missed you everyone <3

Signature

Mhmmm

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 402

Joined 2012-09-13

PM

haha oh man those days are gone but after these all im happy for having amazing times here.
we ae getting old and this site is getting older and just these memorials will be immortal.
5 years is gone.
miss u guys.

Signature

“There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you”
the greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually be afraid you will make one
“It was only necessary for him to know that something could be done, and he could do it without looking to see how other people did it.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 403

Joined 2011-02-21

PM

This is my first time logging on in like a good five years! It’s totally insane, I was at least 15 when I joined this site and now I’m 21. My love for Darren Shan’s books have never died :D

Signature

The Vampaneze are my children *Laughs*

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3237

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Huh must’ve been a really long time. Apparentely we both joined the site around the same time but I don’t recall ever seeing you around. Weird.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper