Username Remember Me? Password   forgot password?

Brilliant
Posted: 27 May 2010 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-27

Darren Shan, thank you for this brilliant book. One of the best I have read in a long time, I didn’t put it down until i had finished it 4 hours later :) I think it had more depth and attention to detail than your other books, and the setting and characters were extremely original and well developed. I hope against hope that you will consider writing further stories in this ‘world’ (hopefully about sabbhad eid) or in a similar style, because honestly, I was extremely impressed. Once again, thank you :)

Posted: 27 May 2010 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  2010-05-19

Wow! you read books fast :bug:

Signature 

BaNaNnA cRaZy XD

Posted: 28 May 2010 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  539
Joined  2010-05-21

ok how could you read that fast there like noway

Signature 

“Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none”- William Shakespeare

Posted: 28 May 2010 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  794
Joined  2010-04-29

I read it in about that time too. Speedreading is possible but I’m fully aware that I’ve missed out on some details so I’ll probably go through and read it again slower sometime soon.

Signature 

Definition-
Leah* [Leee-aaaah]:

A deviously devious prehistoric-squirrel-like creature with stalkerish tendencies, tending towards moderation of forums and drinking of much tea.

May occasionally appear to change forms. Do not be fooled as this is generally accepted to be a combination of facepaint and latex.

*If seen, approach with severe caution. May be hazardous to your sanity, and any tea in the nearby vicinity.

Posted: 21 June 2010 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  471
Joined  2010-06-19

I suppose if you get excited, and pulled in by the sheer ‘brilliantness’ of Darrens Writing, you struglgle to stop, and find yourself leaping through the book reading everything, but not taking it all in.

Signature 

to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.
(8) ;)

Posted: 21 June 2010 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1254
Joined  2010-04-29

I can read books that fast and I don’t mean like speed reading. If I’m enjoying a book I can read it in under a day at least. The last book I read for the first time was Burned and I came home and finished it in 3 - 4 hours? I understand theres going to be some details that i’ve missed, but that’s the same with anyone I guess. I re read most books anyway so it doesn’t bother me.

Signature 

♥ Damon - There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones.

Posted: 22 June 2010 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  471
Joined  2010-06-19

Same, so long as it’s a good book.
I finished the Saga of Darren Shan books in 11-12 days, which is a book, or more, a day.
However, I tend to re read it slower later on anyway.

Signature 

to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.
(8) ;)

Posted: 22 June 2010 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2010-06-07

I read the saga in a week, but it was the second time and when I get hooked to a book or series I just will not put it down. I was the same with the thin exicutioner, brilliant book and a very good read.

Signature 

The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.

Posted: 09 November 2010 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2010-11-07

i dont see the point in speed reading a good book, that just takes the fun out of it

Posted: 31 May 2011 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2011-02-23

i love to read and i can never put down a good book(e.g. all of Darren Shan’s books) but i hate it when i finish a series or a really good book because its finished and i probably wont read a book that amazing ever again and also i hate it just because its finished!  :(  im usually really excited when i get close to the end of the book because i want to find out what will happen at the end and i literally cant put it down until i’ve finish it!....:D :P

Posted: 08 July 2011 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2011-04-05

It’s one of the best books he has ever written :)

Signature 

Only the living experience Death…