Is this the end?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2221

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

Well, every once and awhile i log on and look at the message board just to see what’s up. It looks like no one is on this board at this point, which is honestly so saddening. I used to come on this site religiously and connect with people from all over the world, who all have strikingly similar interests as me. Today, even the Mods and Darren Shan himself don’t come on this message board and post or clean up anymore. With all this spam, I doubt any last soul remaining on this site will even find this. Nonetheless, for some reason, at 2am (where I live) I felt this unexplainable urge to come on this site and write this. I haven’t commented or created any kind of post for probably over a year, but I guess I just needed to write my feelings out. This whole post is probably never going to be seen by anyone with whom I used to talk with on this site. Everyone is long gone, but I don’t think I will ever completely leave. This is probably the cheesiest thing I have ever said on the internet for random people who have never met me to see, but this website and all of the people on it truly changed my life. I cannot explain what this site means to me, but this was extremely therapeutic for me to write this, even if no one ever sees it. In some ways, I with social media hadn’t caught up with is message board and everyone would still be here and new members enjoying it. Well I feel as though I have made my point and let out my grievance for this board. Thanks for anyone who actually found and read this whole thing.

Signature

~“Even in death my you be triumphant” - Darren Shan

~ “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” - Thomas Moore

~ “Every person has there secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a person cold when they are only sad.”  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2230

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Some of us are still kicking about and post when we break free from Octa’s web!

Yes, things have come to a near standstill - but not quite! The issue of spam has/had become quite the nightmare (with some bot accounts posting 1000’s of times) but now that’s been cleaned up. Hopefully it does not get that bad again.

I do think, in large part, sifting through pages of spam to find one topic scared a lot of people off. With great thanks to Cardinal, all of it should be gone!

Other than that, I wish I had the time to log on daily and catch up with friends, past and present; but, being the “responsible adult” now proves to eat a lot of my precious free time that was in abundance in my younger days.

Long post short, I’m still here and glad to see that we still have a few users who come around to say hello!

Also, after 16 years and various migrations - you can’t be rid of me that easily!!

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 163

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

I come on here every day but Sunday because I don’t have my computer anymore. I can only use it at the library. I would come on more, but I only get an hour a day.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

I could come on whenever I want, but I just don’t….

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2010-05-05

PM

I came back once, and couldn’t see jack so I left just as quickly. Some late night Googling landed me back here, so decided to comment this evening.

Hi :)

Signature

- AKA Demonate.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 402

Joined 2012-09-13

PM

;(  ;(  ;(  this make me feeling bad :(

Signature

“There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you”
the greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually be afraid you will make one
“It was only necessary for him to know that something could be done, and he could do it without looking to see how other people did it.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3237

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Geez. I leave for a bit and look at this place. Way to kill my party punchline. What a shame.
We need some of that Trump action here, y’know make ds great again and stuff. Oh and we must definitely build a wall to keep spammers out.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2715

Joined 2013-03-17

PM

Only just seen this XD it’s been too long.

still sad over some of the the RPGs going missing

Signature

\\\“You sure say some funny things. Solitude? Does that only apply to me? Who isn\\\‘t alone in this society? The time when our connection to others was the basis of our selves is long gone. In this world where everyone is watched over by the system and live within the system\\\‘s standards, a community isn\\\‘t necessary. Everyone just lives in their own cell, and the system tames them by giving them each their own personal serenity.\\\’\\\”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3237

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Pretty much feels as if the rp section used to be a huge city and it got destroyed by bombs during war. Might explain what happened to everyone….
Wait…does…does that make us war veterans? Do we get veteran care? O.O

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

My goodness. Even I haven’t been around there here parts since November. Haven’t even been on deleting spam.

Oh well.

Here’s the the obligatory “I’m still around” comment and the “Nice to see some of you about!”.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Damn guys. I remember coming on here every day - most of the time just leaving the site open while I do my thing - and now I can’t even bring myself to visit once a month, let alone every week. It’s just sad to see how everyone’s gotten on with their lives and left this place behind. We all chose people to make friends with and more or less left, most never to be seen again. I suppose I’m no exception. Still, it’s good to snoop around here after so long.
I actually don’t know what made me come looking for this place today, but honestly it’s good to see it’s still going. More or less.
Nice to talk again.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Only logged in today because a post was reported…

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2010-05-05

PM

How I continue to remember my password is beyond me.

Signature

- AKA Demonate.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 612

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

I think I have it set where my computer automatically remembers my password.

Been a while since I’ve logged on here.

Signature

There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only thing we say to Death: Not today.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

dervishfan07 - 28 May 2017 06:18 AM

I think I have it set where my computer automatically remembers my password.

Been a while since I’ve logged on here.

Same; but occasionally my computer doesn’t auto fill and I have to think about it for a good few minutes..

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 163

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

I posted some new posts in the Saga of Darren Shan forum, but they have gotten no replies, but a lot of people have read them.